Medical societies such as the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) in Europe or the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) create guidelines which outline the standards of care for different types of cancer – among them guidelines for soft tissue sarcoma, bone sarcoma and GIST.
These guidelines provide recommendations about diagnosis, treatment and follow-up for healthcare professionals to follow when treating a particular type of cancer. If you are interested to know what the standards of care for soft tissue sarcoma, bone sarcoma and GIST currently, please find links to the current guidelines below. Please note that these guidelines are not written in a patient friendly form.
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines, updated in 2018
- Soft Tissue and Visceral Sarcomas: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines, updated in 2018
- Bone Sarcomas: ESMO–PaedCan–EURACAN: Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up (Update 2018)
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology
- NCCN Guideline for Patients about Soft Tissue Sarcomas in Adults, published in 2018
The Management of Desmoid Tumors: A joint global evidence-based consensus guidelineapproach for adult and pediatric patients
by the Desmoid Working Group, updated and published 2018/2019
There might be additional guidelines available on a national level as well.