The EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group (STBSG)
The objectives of the STBSG were to develop, stimulate and co-ordinate studies on all aspects of the treatment of soft tissue sarcomas (STS) as well as to organise congresses, symposia and conferences to promote these studies. Today the STBSG has members from 56 institutions from 14 countries.
Sarcoma Alliance For Research through Collaboration (SARC)
SARC is a non-profit organization dedicated to the development and support of clinical trial research for the prevention, treatment and cure of sarcomas - a cancer of the bone and connective tissue of the body. SARC was formed in 2003 by sarcoma specialists at five major medical facilities to achieve the necessary multidisciplinary level of collaboration required to achieve the desired outcome for sarcoma patients.
World Sarcoma Network (WSN)
The mission of the World Sarcoma Network (WSN) is to stimulate rapid clinical drug development for sarcomas and enable performance of clinical studies that a cooperative group could not complete on its own.
- serves as a communication and facilitation platform between cooperative sarcoma clinical research groups worldwide
- acts as a common point of interaction with the pharmaceutical industry, advocacy and community groups and governments globally
- has a focus on clinical reseach and drug development
European Musculo-Skeletal Oncology Society (EMSOS)
The Association was founded in 1987 in Italy. The aims of the association are to advance the science and practice of the diagnosis and treatment of bone and soft tissue tumours, to promote basic clinical research, and to disseminate knowledge in order to provide a common high standard of musculo-skeletal oncology. The particular purpose of the association is to promote mutual collaboration between different specialists and institutes involved in the treatment of musculo-skeletal tumours.
National Expert Groups
The scientific Sarcoma experts are well organized in National Expert Groups. Please find a comprehensive list of National Sarcoma Groups here:
- British Sarcoma Group (BSG): www.britishsarcomagroup.org.uk
- Dutch Sarcoma Study Group (DSSG)
- German Interdisciplinary Sarcoma Group (GISG): http://www.gisg.de
- Group Sarcome Francais (GSF) - Groupe d’Etude sur les Tumeurs Osseuses (GETO)
- Italian Sarcoma Group (ISG)
- Polish Sarcoma Group (PSG)
- Scandinavian Sarcoma Group (SSG): http://www.ssg-org.net
- Spanish Sarcoma Group: El Grupo Español de Investigación en Sarcomas (GEIS): http://www.grupogeis.org/
- Australasian Sarcoma Study Group: http://www.australiansarcomagroup.org/