Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 July 2013 12:27 | Published: Tuesday, 08 March 2011 22:21 | Print
Soon to come...
A malignant tumor arising in the connective, or supportive, tissue (such as fat, muscle, blood vessels, deep skin tissues, nerves, bone, cartilage). GIST is one type of sarcoma. Sarcomas comprise about 1% of cancers in adults, while the other 99% are carcinomas that affect epithelial tissues (skin and body cavity linings).